Bright Penny is looking for line cooks and prep cooks for our brewery. Experience is preferred, not required, however must be ready and eager to learn! Applicants should be dependable, have reliable transportation, and have a solid work ethic. Successful candidates are positive, motivated, stoked about pizza and beer, ready for a fast-paced environment and work well in a team setting.
As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, monitoring inventory levels, menu development, managing team, and more. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate needs to be high energy and have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail.
This is an exempt full-time position that requires nights, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Maintaining the kitchen by sanitizing prep areas and equipment before and after use making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean and stored properly
- Monitor ingredients and par levels to ensure enough product is prepared for service
- Conducting open and closing checklist in order to ensure all policies and procedures are completed correctly
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes to ensure our customers receive the most consistent and highest quality meal possible
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures
- Monitor product freshness and rotate according to FIFO and HACCP guidelines
- Organizing food stock and assisting with inventory
- Creating daily prep lists and completing in a timely manner
- Complete daily cleaning assignments and all assignments designated by the supervisor
- Removal of trash and recycling
- Completing temperature logs daily for safety of our customers
- Must be aware and follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines at all times
- Impeccable attendance record is a must
- Serv-Safe preferred
- Open availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Lift over 50lbs and be on your feet for 8 hour shift
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to read meal tickets
Full time employees (32+ hrs/wk) are eligible for:
- $500 Sign on Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance / Continuing Education
- Annual Performance Based Raises
- Annual Bonus Potential
- Employee Shift Meal
- Employee discounts on Merchandise, Food and Beverage
Bright Penny Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
To be considered for this position, please direct all contact & resume to:
Offer Ended: 30.06.2022