Bright Penny Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Please send Resume to [email protected] to be considered for this position
We are on the hunt for an experienced kitchen manager to oversee the daily operations of our team in the kitchen. Applicants should be highly creative and passionate about a broad range of cuisine. If you are an excellent team player and exceptional leader interested in exploring a lucrative opportunity to work with a great team, in a fast growing industry, we would love to hear from you.
As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, monitoring inventory levels, menu development, managing team, and more. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate needs to be high energy and have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail. This is an exempt full-time position that requires nights, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Purchasing, inventory management & food cost control experience *
- Recruiting, Hiring new staff, on-boarding, and providing training to facilitate quick acclimation
- Experience managing a diverse kitchen staff in a restaurant.
- Ability to effectively manage employee schedules, food orders and food quality, sanitary inspections, and kitchen equipment (including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish machine) *
- Streamlining the kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times
- Conduct daily shift meetings and monthly team meetings with GM
- Coordinating with GM for Recipe & Menu development
- Working closely with GM to create and implement weekly specials
- Oversee the execution of food preparation and cooking processes
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Work with the GM to price and change menu items.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Setting regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verifying that staff is maintaining sanitation levels
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports requested by GM and attend weekly review meetings with management team.
- Preserve a sanitation score of 98 or higher.
*All responsibilities are not limited to the items listed above. These are guidelines and subject to change at the discretion of the GM and Leadership Team.*
- Degree in Restaurant Management or Culinary Arts preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Serv-Safe Certificate as well as in-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with the general public, guests, supervisors and employees with tact, courtesy and gracious hospitality.
- Computer experience using online purchasing systems, excel and database management Culinary, operational, and management experience.
- Physical stamina to potentially complete a full shift on your feet.
- Kitchen Manager is an exempt position
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance available.
- Paid vacation
- Employee Discounts